Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Intro

     Like many genealogists, I have a few branches of the family tree which are harder to follow than the others.  This blog aims to air my personal "brick walls" in hopes that:
     A.  writing about my research problems will lead me to solutions
     B.  others can learn from my struggles
     C.  perhaps some other family members will come forward with the information I need after reading my
           blog.

     I have only just (about 1-2 yrs. ago) begun researching my Bradbury ancestry, and though I have gleaned a lot of information from Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org, Fold3, com, etc. I am already stuck.  My first cold case/brick wall will be the subject of my first proper blog post.
    If you are reading this and have any advice or information to offer, PLEASE feel free to comment or contact me.  The more we all share what we know, the better!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Clarence Hardmon, I, am from Columbus, Ga. We are related.
    [Union Springs, Alabama Bullock County}. Go to: Ancestry.com: Lucy Bradberry. Born in VIRGINIA 1800

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clarence, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comment! I looked at Lucy Bradberry on Ancestry as you suggested, but I'm still not sure how we're related? To my knowledge, my Bradbury/Bradberry line was not in Alabama. Also, since I started this blog I did Ancestry DNA, as did my uncle who is related through this line, and neither of us have any African DNA. Of course, it's possible that the Bradbury family held people enslaved - at least one of my other ancestral lines did - but I have not found any evidence of that either. Please do send me a note explaining the connection you found so I can look at it!!

      Delete